Food Processing Engineering Department
It is one of the pioneering departments of the faculty of engineering and technical studies. It concurrently started with the university start. This department started on 4/7/1995 with a diploma and it started the admission of the first batch of the students for a bachelor degree in the academic year 2001-2002.
The department teaches food manufacturing procedures, design of units and factories and adjustment of their performance in addition to studying humanistic, basics and engineering sciences. The study concentrates on merging the theory with practical and application sides through industrial training, scientific tours and running experiments. It also cares for the credit hours of the syllabus to reinforce research through graduation schemes.
The department looks formed to preparing future engineers in food processing industry and graduating generation able to shoulder responsibility, contribute to solve vocational problems through creative thinking, team work and auto-promotion and reflecting knowledge on the real social requirements.
The department is fully committed to qualify and graduate scientific cadres with researching and applicable abilities to meet the market requirements in addition to promoting food industry in different fields and improving the food products and creating new food products to cope with international needs and changes.
- Scientific and practical qualifications to students in food processing engineering through the advanced specialized syllabus.
- Acquiring students the required capabilities in the food processing engineering field.
- Acquiring students’ capabilities to follow up innovations in the field units design and in the nutrition factories in addition to quality control procedures and food safety.
- Preparing qualified graduates able to compete in sciences associated with food, and nutritional industry and evolving and improving food products besides creating new products to conform to the international standards.
- Teaching students the basic knowledge in the engineering sciences that lead to advanced applications of engineering sciences in the food industries to provide society with qualified national cadres to carry out the comprehensive development plans.
- Provide consultation to both private and public sectors for the benefit and service of the entire community.
- The faculty offers an honor degree of bachelor in nutrition industry engineering after the completion of the registered credit hours through ten academic semesters or five years which means completing (191) credit hours successfully.
- The faculty also offers the M.Sc. in nutrition industry by research or courses and partial research.
- The faculty also offers the PhD. in nutrition industry engineering.
Staff of Department
|القسم||المستوى الدراسي||السمستر||رمز المقرر||اسم المقرر||س م||س د ن||س د ع||س ا|
Phone No. : 0918027666
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org