Chemical Engineering Department
The chemical engineering department at the University of El-Imam El-Mahdi is considered the second department in the entire country in this specialization; just preceded by the same department in the University of Khartoum. It started in 1994 and the first batch graduated in 1999. The syllabus mainly concentrated on modern chemical engineering components with comprehensive concepts such as factories design and their economies and adjustment in procedures, in addition to transmission of materials, amount of heat, chemical reactors design and the unified procedures besides the modern chemical subjects that taught and applied at the international universities and institutes.
- Consolidating knowledge in engineering and technical studies domains in addition to enriching the positive useful values of our cultural in heritage.
- Providing students with humanistic knowledge, potentialities and experiences that required scientific field.
- Establishing postgraduate studies program and encourage scientific research that promote the performance in the engineering and technical studies fields.
- Qualifying and raising manpower proficiency in the engineering and technical field besides providing chances for sustainable training in white nile state in particular and in sudan in general.
- Caring for local environment problems in white nile state and the similar environment at the national level through encouraging holding scientific meeting and issuing periodical and scientific resources required for these problems.
The faculty offers an honor Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering after the completion of the required credit hours through ten academic semesters (five years) which is equavilant to (210) credit hours.
Credit hours Distribution
- University requirements.
- College requirements.
- Department requirements.
Based on the basic requirements of the Engineering Council, the following academic system was confirmed:
- The department provides a bachelor's degree course with an average of 3 credit hours per course.
- 25-35 credit hours/week while 400-480 credit hours/semester.
- Students are granted a bachelor's degree if successfully completed all required courses across five academic years.
Staff of Department
|القسم||المستوى الدراسي||السمستر||رمز المقرر||اسم المقرر||س م||س د ن||س د ع||س ا|
Phone No. : 0122625028
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org